Thursday, October 30, 2008 | By: Anita

Ice, Ice Baby


Kyle returned home from a week in Miami where he and some of the crew at Ice Culture created yet another ice lounge. This video is one from the Toronto lounge, but I presume the element is the same.

It's exciting for me to watch my son become such a dependable young man. Since working with Ice Culture (almost right out of high school) he's been sent to many different places - Washington, California, Rhode Island, Chicago, and now he can add Miami to his passport.

Home life is very different when kids start to leave. Krystle is living in Cambridge while she attends Heritage Baptist College & Seminary School, she's now in her 3rd year. The boys (Kyle & Darcy) still live at home but with Kyle's job, like I said, he sometimes is away from home for extended periods of time. Darcy too will be gone for a weekend here or there as he goes to his friends homes, leaving Wayne & I home alone. I remember thinking when my kids were younger and all living at home how I wished to have time alone. I guess you need to be careful what you wish for.

Each new stage in life always seems to take me by surprize and usually some time to adjust to it. Living with adult kids has some different and unique challenges but overall I absolutely LOVE it. Unfortunately for me, by the time I'm used the stage I'm in, the next one starts to come along. >.<

Blessings

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I think I agree it is good that change happens slowly....bur WOW how fast time does go....how exciting for Kyle...and it is good he enjoys what he does....
I think it is so strange when Tyler is not home and gone with MYF soon it will be another going to MYF....change is inevitable..good thing we take what each day brings and ENJOY the good and the bad...
Blessings<><
Bliss