Tuesday, October 14, 2008 | By: Anita

Birthday wishes

Today is the first anniversary of my 40th birthday. I guess I'm not quite ready to admit my age.

For 10 years I celebrated my 29th birthday, then last year I decided to jump straight to 40. I never thought I was one to be bothered by age. Growing up I always looked forward to birthdays and being another year older and the cool stuff that each age allowed.

Last year the kids gave me this digital camera for my birthday. It was such a perfect gift.
Although now when I ask to take a picture of anything that they're or we're doing they say "mom you're not going to blog about this are you?" which I answer "of course I am!"

I know aging is something I cannot change and should likely embrace, but I'm not ready, so I won't be jumping to the next big number until the math no longer adds up with the ages of my kids. So when you wish me a 'happy birthday' don't ask me how old I am, because if you do, I'll tell you that I'm really celebrating the "whatever year" anniversary of my birthday.


Blessings

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a GREAT birthday....