Wednesday, September 24, 2008 | By: Anita

Thankful

I am so thankful today. I mean most days I'm usually thankful but today.... well you read the story and then tell me.

We received a phone call this morning at 12:45 AM from the Huron OPP informing us that our son Darcy had been in a 'minor' accident. As I'm listening to the officer explain the situation to me, my brain is unable to comprehend the words being said as I am only able to hear the pounding of my heart.

Learning that Darcy was OK, I was then able to understand that we were needed to come to the scene of the accident so we could pick him up and bring him home. Coming upon the scene of any accident usually gives me goosebumps but knowing that someone I love dearly was involved had me full of tears as we approached this accident scene.

I was overwhelmed with emotions as I saw my son get out of the police cruiser and saw that he was OK. After seeing that he was OK, we then took a look at the vehicle, thankfully it was too dark, or I might have really lost it.

Later today, I then went to Exeter Collision to see how badly it was damaged and to retrieve any personal items from the truck.
This is the front fender on the passenger side where it hit the telephone pole.


The diver side rear fender as he bounced around and landed in the ditch, after rolling it once.


And a view of the tailgate.


If I stop and think about what could have happened.....
So needless to say I am thankful. Today and always.

Give thanks to the LORD, for HE is good. Psalm 136:1

Blessings

3 comments:

Monica said...

Wow, Anita. I'm thankful and relieved with you.

How is Darcy doing beyond physically being ok? Shaken some?

Anonymous said...

SO GLAD to hear that all is getting better.....

Praying with you.....and for you....
Always remember "GOD is in control" we may not understand the "WHY"S" .....

Thinking of your family at this time especially and ALWAYS
Blessings,
Bliss

Anonymous said...

wow,scary stuff...has he been checked out physically? I'm sure he's shaken up, I would be!
I like Bliss' words "God is in control".

Rain