Tuesday, September 2, 2008 | By: Anita

Routine

So it's back to routine around here. Wayne is busing the St. Anne's Catholic high school kids, again this year.

About 5 years ago, Wayne decided he needed to be around home a little more and was looking for change in his work. I encouraged him to work as a hired dairy man for a neighbour and to try for his bus license. Together these two jobs would give him enough work, helping to keep him out of trouble ^.^
He got his Bus license and before he was finished with the training he was offered a full time bus run. He also talked to the neighbour and was given the opportunity to return to his first love - farming.

The spring & fall are a little more busy as both busing and farming are busy. However, in the summer when there is no bus, he is able to give his full attention to farming and likewise, during the winter when there is very little if any farm work, the busing can have his full attention. We've been enjoying this lifestyle choice.

Darcy decided last year that he wasn't planning on going to post-secondary school the following year but would rather return to high school and get a few more credits, or as the fifth year is more commonly known as 'the victory lap'.

I quite enjoy having him home for one more year. It seems like the last four years of high school have gone so quickly. I read Melanie's blog about living in the sweet spot and I must admit that I am there right now. I absolutely LOVE having adult kids and interacting with them in their lives, I am truly enjoying my job and I'm trying to take as many opportunities that I can to bless a young mom and help look after her kids. ahhh life is good

Blessings

0 comments: