Monday, May 18, 2015 | By: Anita

mhmm monday

Growing up each holiday weekend Monday found my mom in the kitchen making these super delicious homemade doughnuts… from the Mennonite Relief Sale Cookbook.

Relief Sale Doughnuts
Ingredients:
Dissolve 1 pkg yeast in 1 warm cup water. Let stand 5 minutes.
1 cup mashed potatoes
1 cup lard
1 cup scalded milk
½ cup white sugar
2 eggs

Directions:
Mix in order given and add enough flour {approx 6-8 cups} so dough will not stick to fingers. 
Let rise until double in bulk. 
Using a doughnut cutter, cut doughnuts and place on a cookie sheet sprayed with oil, leaving space between each doughnut for rising. Re-rolling scraps as necessary.
Let rise until almost doubled in bulk, approx 25 to 30 minutes.
Deep fry in hot oil on medium high heat (375º) till donuts are golden on one side, flip over and fry till golden or done. 
Let donuts drain. 
Then dip while still hot in syrup: 1 pound icing sugar, ½ cup water. 
Enjoy!

Take Care

2 comments:

Debra said...

I've never had these donuts and now my now my stomach won't let me eat them. Guess the boys will have to make Tim's do because I'm selfish. If I can't have them nobodies having them.lol

Anneliese said...

Those look amazing!