Wednesday, June 18, 2008 | By: Anita

Issues


I have been having issues with our Internet connection at home. It's still not fixed and I've become to realize that I am somewhat addicted to the Internet. I like to check my e-mail, facebook account, make sure my on-line banking is up-to-date with my cheque book and I enjoy perusing my friends' blogs.......... daily. I said I was addicted. ^.^

Not having Internet access at home has made me realize how much more time I am able to give to other things now - read a book, clean-up the house, go for walks.... time usually spent on the computer.

I get so tired of hearing people complain that they do not have time for some things. In my opinion it's all a matter of priorities, you make time for what's important to you - whether it's building relationships, learning a new skill, or sitting in front of the t.v. or computer. We all have the same 24 hours each day. No more – No less. Using time effectively is about creating balance and working more productively rather than just being busy.

This is one of my favourite passages, from Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 (New International Version)
A Time for Everything
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.

Time is a precious commodity - what are you willing to trade for it?

Blessings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I hope you are able to get your internet working again soon...not chatting with you on Tuesday nights, although like you I have found OTHER things to occupy my time AWAY from the computer
looking forward to chatting again soon..
Bliss

Mel said...

Anita,

That has also been a favourite chapter of mine...I have a very cool history with it. My father's father read that chapter the night he died of a massive heart attack. Only a few hours later in the morning my new baby cousin was born (would have been his 3rd Granddaughter). They gave her the middle name: "Happy Dawn" in honour of Grandpa.

Cool eh? There is definitely a God-appointed time for everything.

Miss you!
mel