Tuesday, October 16, 2007 | By: Anita

40th blog for my 40th birthday

I celebrated my 40th birthday this past Sunday (October 14). Yes I am admitting it.
Anyone who knows me knows that for the past 10 years, I have celebrated my 29th birthday repeatedly. In fact on Sunday, I even got a few wishes for turning 29. Unfortunately I had to correct them.

I struggled for a long time with the whole aging process, I wasn't ready to admit that I was getting older. After hearing that my mom had complimented me to her Ladies bible study group, about how proud she is of me for taking Titus 2:3 to heart I realized that my "age" doesn't change who I am.

I was overjoyed to share my birthday with Wayne, Krystle & Gerard, Kyle & Darcy. I made Thanksgiving dinner with ALL the trimmings. mmhm it was good! We even put candles in the pumpkin pie. The kids all went together and gave me a digital camera for my birthday. I was SO excited!



Wayne gave me these (aren't they gorgeous)


My sister Becky gave me these


I also went the Blue Dragon Tattoo Parlour and got myself this

here is a close up



I was SO nervous, and yes it did hurt (about like a bee sting) and it stayed hot longer, but it was well worth it.

Blessings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I am glad to see you have again joined the real world and are finally admitting to turning 40(seeing as your younger sister is 38 and your oldest daughter is 20) the math was just not working anymore...LOL.
Glad you had such a great day, still hoping we might make it to Graceland yet!!!! If not I know we are DEFINITELY going to the "BIG APPLE" for my 40th....NO TURNING BACK.
I have always appreciated the words of wisdom I recieve from my "older and wiser sister.
Thanks for always being a willing ear to listen

Happy 40th birthday, many blessings to you as you celebrate another year of life

Blessings Bliss

Anonymous said...

Hey! you didn't tell me about your little tatoo! YOu finally did it...you wild woman! Looks good. How did you decide? YOu should've took Mel with you, I know she's been thinking about it.
Thanks again for last night.
Rain