Friday, July 6, 2007 | By: Anita

Summer

This is a wonderful time of year. The weather outside is pretty close to perfect, with warm sunshine, gentle breezes and long days to enjoy it.

Wayne & I have been taking advantage of these days as we go for our regular walks. We've started biking as well. Not that we're the cyclists that Tim is. Monica gave Tim a bike for his 40th birthday party and he was speechless. That was a fun day as well. Check out her blog to see the caption of it.

But Wayne and I will go out to Bayfield and bike around and look at all the houses and enjoy the view of the lake. In fact on Father's Day, Wayne & I biked to Bayfield enjoyed a delicious brunch at JD's and biked home. I was so impressed with myself, I wasn't sure I would make it or not. Those Bronson line hills are pretty intense, it took us about 35-40 minutes each way. It was a fun day.

It's a great way to stay in shape too, somehow biking around doesn't really feel like exercise, that is until you get off the bike, LOL I do however enjoy walking, I started when all the kids were in school, we'd walk out the lane together, they'd get on the bus and I'd head out for a walk.

Over the years I have had different walking partners, I find it's easier to stay motivated when someone else is counting on you. I used to walk with Jane Lloyd (now Westerveld) until Jane moved into town. I finally convinced Lorraine to join me, and I am enjoying getting to know her better as we spend more time together.

And as always I walk with husband, we have such good talks while we walk, and it is alone time for us. With a house full of teens we do not have alot of alone time, where things can be discussed without listening ears. We used to be able to just wait till the kids were in bed, but now, we go to bed before they do. My how times have changed.

It's good for us to have that time, as we grow nearer to the empty nest, I want us to have a relationship that's not only focused on raising kids and so involved with the kids lives. I am sure that before we know it our kids will be out on their own and it'll just be the two of us, and if we're enjoying our time now togther, it'll only get better.

Krystle keeps joking with me that Wayne & I have turned into Meme & Papa (my parents) because like my parents we go out to dinner alot more than we used to when the kids were younger, we spend time doing things just the two of us. But that's ok, I am glad that my parents still enjoy each others' company......... Mom & Dad just celebrated their 43rd anniversary!

It's something you continually have to work at, and in this day and age where vows and marriage are dispensable it really says something when you choose to stay together!!

Blessings

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so if you have turned into Meme & Papa why could you not come down on Saturday...we will definitly need to plan to do that market thing...Maybe in the fall?
Nice Pictures I am impressed
Hope to spend some time with you again soon
Bliss